Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tips Tuesday - Send a Reminder Request

Kim Klein and the Grassroots Fundraising Journal remind us that the number one reason that a person donates to an organization is because they were asked! So, get to work making the ask and remember, if you don't ask, you are only preventing someone from potentially helping you reach your Liver Life Walk fundraising goal! Overcoming the fear of asking is always the hardest step. For me, I came to understand that my job was only to ask for the donation – and the rest was up to them to decide! According to Kim Klein, “you need to be comfortable with people saying "No."” in order to get a “yes”.

Follow up is important. How often has someone sent you an e-mail or a letter asking for a donation and you think to yourself, "I'll be sure to send that later" only forgetting to do so? I have found that sending a friendly reminder has helped to increase both the amount of donations and team members joining my team. It’s easy – just send a status update on your progress and remind everyone they can still contribute and be sure to include a link to your fundraising webpage!

No comments:

Post a Comment